Friday, February 23, 2007

Frisbee

After that brief reprieve from the weather, it is now cold again. I miss yesterday's nice warm weather already. Haha. Warm, of course, is anything above 0 degrees Celsius.

That was a side point. Main point is, today, I went for Frisbee training. I don't know where to start. Let's just start from now. I don't know whether to go back again or not. The people there aren't very friendly. This is a public blog and I shouldn't say bad things about people on it, but, really, how many Americans actually read blogs? Well some of them were pretty nice. (Emphasis on some. Recall AS: Some = at least one. Haha.) So anyway, I had fun with the training and playing and all cos I like the running and the exercise. I haven't perspired so much since I got to the US. It feels good to be so tired after training that I don't have appetite to eat dinner. (Btw, I did eat dinner, at Centennial Hall, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Smushdays whatever, food still sucks. I mean, wth is BBQ night? ~Bleah~) I miss that kind of feeling. I remember I used to get it a lot back in JC. So yes, I liked the training part. It was 10min warm up run, high knee lifts, butt kickers, shuffle, the criss-cross one (don't know what that's called), back-paddle & sprint , throws, a little drill which i still don't get and scrimmage. Then, it was all abs. 60 crunches, 30 leg raises, 60 "flat leg" crunches, 30 cycle crunches, 1min superman and i think we ended with the row row row your boat crunches. Fun, kinda.

So that was the good part. The downside was that the team here is split between guys and girls and they don't train together, so training only consisted eight girls, including me. Well, that's not such a big deal, I mean, I'm not a people person and don't need to be surrounded by people. But only like two of them talked to me, one was also kinda new, only started a couple of months back. The other was pretty friendly. The "handlers", they weren't very friendly. Sigh. I don't blame them, I'm not Miss Congeniality either. So, I would say I didn't really get along with the people there. Plus also the fact that they most likely train for competitions, and they probably don't like having me around cos I won't be playing in competitions. And also that I am the only non-"ang moh" there. The feeling kinda sucks.

Which brings me to my conclusion, or should I say non-conclusion, cos it's actually a dilemma. There's the good, the bad and the ugly (ok, this one, not really). Should I bother going back again? Considering I don't ever train for Frisbee in Sg, and there's no other sports I can join here, besides ballroom dancing, but that's not what I call sports, what am I supposed to do now? Sigh. This sucks.

Gina

No comments: