Sunday, February 4, 2007

Albertville

Today is freaking cold. And we were crazy enough to go shopping at Albertville. But the place is really huge and cheap. We'll probably rent a car to go back there when the weather is warmer and spend the whole day shopping. Maybe. If we can afford to.

If you haven't already heard me complaining, you'll read about it here. The weather here is (*&%$!! cold. It's currently -21'C outside. And it's to stay below -18'C for the next 80 hours or so. And that is just the air temperature. If you consider wind chill it'll be about -32'C. I bet you can't even imagine what that's like. Just think, it's almost 20'C colder than the freezer you have at home. No wonder my milk froze when I left it at the window. And it's now so cold that the top of the Mississippi River is almost totally frozen.

So today I went shopping. Part of the reason was cos I'd stay indoors while shopping. Everything here is so much cheaper, especially those American brands. I bought some things cos I needed them and some cos I like them. Heh. I wish I had more spending money. If only I had brought some of my own money. Anyway, I bought a customizable Fossil watch. Fossil's much cheaper at Albertville, so if you want something, maybe I can find it for you if I go there again. I also went to Guess?, ck, Gap, Liz Claiborne, rue21 (don't know what that is)...

Yeah, that was my day. I'm actually a little tired to blog. Just wanted to remember that for future reference. Probably.

Gina

P.S. I keep wondering, the roads here are salted, usually after snow, so that they wouldn't be icy and slippery. So if 0'F is the freezing / melting point of brine, wouldn't all the roads be icy even when salted as the temperature is constantly below 0'F?

No comments: