I feel so out of touch with the rest of the world. I've been living in my dorm all alone with no internet connection and just a phone, which can only call local numbers, for the past 5 days. Today is the first time I have internet connection since I move in to my hall, and this isn't even in my own room. Sigh. I haven't been able to catch up with most of you and I feel so detached. Sucks.
Anyway, a brief update. I'm already in my hall in the University of Minnesota. If you want the address, email me personally. I don't want to post it here and have weird people stalking me. I got my US mobile number too. Also email me if u want it. This week has been pretty hectic, with all the orientation activities. And you know what? I already have a "project" and presentation this Friday which I have to prepare for. Can you believe it? School hasn't started and already I have a presentation! (School term starts on 16th Jan) The presentation is for a course that's part of my orientation programme. It's going to be like Comms 101 all over again. We're even going to be video-recorded during the presentation and critiqued. wth??
Oh, when Singapore said "nothing's for free", they were kidding. There are a lot of things there that are free that have to be paid here. I mean, even those trolleys at the airport are like USD3 per use here. And, there's never free wireless internet access. Airports, hostels, schools, all of them charge for wireless connection. Not like Singapore, wireless@Sg. I guess this should explain why I didn't have internet access the past week and a half.
Okay, I think I'll end it here for now. I'll probably post some photos later on. I know most of you would probably only come to this blog to see the photos and not read my ramblings. So hold on and be rewarded. right.
Gina
Thursday, January 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment