Outside our hotel, Legacy Grand Hotel. It's situated in a nucleated settlement of shops, restaurants and hotels along the highway. (Is the few kg I've gained obvious from the photo?)
Krispy Kreme!!! Natural reaction upon seeing one of those stores. We bought the original doughnuts freshly baked and it tastes SO good. But it's so sweet, it's sinful.
Welcome to Disney World. I had problems with the tickets but we did manage to get in.
Disney World consists of 4 parks, this is Magic Kingdom, the original. It has the most attractions, and all the classic rides are found here. Of course, that's the famous Sleeping Beauty (I think) Castle. We spent the whole of our first day there.
Haunted Mansion. See the horse? It's white, with a swishy tail. Charlie can't see it.
The all time favorite, "It's a small world". A totally feel-good ride. If you guys remember the first Shrek movie where Shrek and Donkey enters the kingdom and there's a group of singing tin soldiers, I think it's a spoof of this ride. But I still like the ride.
Minnie. Hmm, and who was the one who said I look like a mouse? I beg to differ.
Queueing for Space Mountain. Notice the guy in front of me is wearing a poncho? Well, it rained the first evening we were there. Which is why we decided to take Space Mountain, a totally indoor roller coaster ride.
A peacock float from the first of the many many parades that we saw.
It might be a little too dark to see, but this photo is just meant to show how many people there were waiting for the fireworks show at Magic Kingdom.
Epcot. Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow. The second park we visited.
Disney-MGM Studios. The third park we visited.
Mickey-shaped ice cream. Snacks there are really over-priced.
Greatest Movie ride. Pretty fun ride.
Mickey Mouse in Fantasia.
Street in Disney-MGM. At the end of the street is Hollywood Hotel a.k.a Tower of Terror. It's an elevator ride into twi-light zone. Seriously, my knees were weak after that ride.
And the fourth park is Animal Kingdom.
Another of those parades. The parade is themed according to the parks. This parade was safari-themed.
Mt. Everest.
This is the most exciting roller coaster ride I took. It goes up, it goes round, it goes back, it goes down. Exciting.
I'm in the Himalayas. The weather was a little hot though.
The tree is the icon of Animal Kingdom, like the hat for MGM, the golf ball look-alike for Epcot and the castle for Magic Kingdom.
A ride through the safari. The thing about rides in Disney World is that they are all very realistic. The line between make-believe and reality is very much blurred. This safari ride looks really like a nature reserve, with undulating hills and savannah grasslands. I wonder if the animals are really happy there.
A giraffe and its young.
View of Mt. Everest from afar.
Flying over an aircraft carrier in Soarin'.My souvenir from Disney, Pluto from Pirates of the Carribean. It has taken my watch as hostage.
The greyhound terminal in Kissimmee. Well, the journey was, um, interesting. An old man "lost" his bag. A guy almost got left behind. But we made it to Miami safely so no harm done.Gina










No comments:
Post a Comment