Saturday, March 3, 2007

Minnesota Timberwolves

I went for my second NBA game today. Was there with the rest of the exchange students are our mentors. In case you don't already know, our home team is called the Minnesota Timberwolves. And they haven't got any better since the last game I watched. In fact, honestly, they did worse in tonight's match against the Utah Jazz than in the previous match against the Philadelphia 76ers. Final score tonight, was 80 something to 100 something. heh. Wasn't even paying attention by the last quarter.
Anyway, I've posted some photos below. They're actually from the previous game I watched. That was a more exciting game.

The basketball court, with Timberwolves in the centre.

The players doing their warm-up.


This is quite cute. Everytime the opponent has to do a freethrow, the audience is supposed to howl like a wolf to distract the opponent. And there's a howl-o-meter to motivate us to howl louder.



Full-time score. It was a very close match that went into extra time.


Final score. The last 2 points was scored at the last second by the "star" player, Kevin Garnett. But I don't think he's that good actually. He takes one quarter to warm up.

That's pretty much it for basketball. Took some videos but I still don't know how to upload them so you guys will only get to see my still shots.

This is the view from the top of one of the ski slopes at the ski school, Hyland Ski and Snowboard. You can see the city lights from here. It's really pretty, but I guess I don't know how to properly set my camera settings. Anyway, to the right of the picture you'll see the chair-lift we take to get up the slope. The centre is one of the more advanced slopes in the school. And to the left, that's the Ridge Run, aka Catwalk. It's runs along the ridge for about half the slope. Kinda cool. You'll get a nice view when skiing down the Catwalk. Well, that was my last skiing lesson. If things go according to plan, I might get another chance to ski, in Boston. We'll see.

Gina

No comments: