Sunday, May 13, 2007

Toronto 10-13 May'07

So here I am in Toronto, using the free wireless internet provided by the hostel, Canadiana Backpackers Inn, to blog. This trip to Toronto has been pretty slack. We didn't go out to see much. The first day we arrived, I asked the information desk, "What's there to do in Toronto?"

And she replied, "Niagara Falls... And, um, CN Tower?"

So that's pretty much all we visited while we're here.


CN Tower



What Meibin called the "Armagadon" view. What I called "And then there was light".



Lake Ontario and the coastline



Us standing on the glass floor some 300metres above ground.


Us lying on the glass floor.


Financial district




Sunset from CN tower



Strong winds and beautiful colours from the observation deck


Rainbow Bridge. The bridge that connects USA and Canada over the Niagara River.


View of the American Falls from the river


View of the Horseshoe Falls (Canadian Falls) from the river

American Falls and Bridal Veil Falls



Horseshoe Falls


American Falls. See the rainbow?


Meibin and I in front of the Horseshoe Falls


Rainbow. Pretty. First time I saw the full arc of the rainbow, I think.

Me at the top of the Canadian Falls. Water travels so fast, so powerful, so scary.

View of Niagara Falls from the Ferris Wheel that we took. American Falls and Bridal Veil is to the left. Horseshoe is to the right. Magnificent, isn't it?


We walked around downtown today. This is the City Hall.


This is the Old City Hall. Supposed to have stained glass inside, but we couldn't find the way in.


This was where we ended up spending most of the day, shopping. Eaton center. Huge place.

Gina

No comments: